The rules around Hamilton of getting a driving license are a bit complicated. Still, if you are a young person looking to get hold of your driving license or a parent want to know what is required of your teenage child to progress from a G1 to a G2 to a full G license, you would have to know the licensing system of this place. As already told it is a complex affair of having young drivers & G2 license holders Ins. in Hamilton. However, it is not impossible to get young drivers & G2 license holders Ins. in Hamilton if you follow the rules and know what needs to be done.
The one thing that every driver has to follow in Hamilton to drive around is to have a valid driver’s license with them and also to have a valid permit and license plate on their car. Additionally, the car must have an insurance coverage along with a liability card.
You already have a G1 license and hence you know the hardships you had to go through to get that. Getting G2 license is much harder. To get upgraded to a G2 license holder, you must have driving experience of eight months in your country if you have had your driving training from an approved driving school or one year if you have practiced your driving skills with somebody else’s help who is not approved. Along with that, you would also have to pass a road test. Once you have passed the road test there are certain guidelines that you have to follow to continue driving as a G2 driver and proceed beyond.
G2 Driving Rules and Restrictions for Young Drivers & G2 License Holders Ins. in Hamilton
- You can practice driving for 12 months with your G2 license without the need of an experienced driver to be present in the car.
- You ought to maintain a zero blood alcohol level.
- The passengers in your car should not be more than the number of working seat belts in it.
Additional G2 Restrictions for Young Drivers of 19 and Under
- You are allowed to drive for the first six months with just one passenger under 19 between midnight and 5 a.m.
- After the initial six months, you can have up to three passengers in your car under 19 between midnight and 5 a.m.
You need not follow the above rules if there is a passenger in the car who has at least four years of driving experience. You have not restricted also in case the passengers are your family members.