There is a total of three stages to the licensing process in Hamilton. G1, G2, and G, the last one allows an unrestricted and full driver’s license. Normally, G1 drivers need to wait for at least one year before being able to apply for a G2 license. However, the process can be sped up by taking and passing a driver’s education course approved by the government. Taking this course would cut your wait time to eight months to get the license. Before earning the Young Drivers & G2 License Holders Ins. in Hamilton. Label, you need to go through a lot of stuff.
Process to Get G2 Driver’s License
It is not easy to get a G2 license and the process of getting it is much different from obtaining a G1 license. You would need to pass a road test this time. And in order to pass the test you need to:
A G1 driver is considered to be inexperience since he is a beginner. To gain more experience, you would need to practice a lot. To get your regular practice, you need to be driving around with someone who is holding a G license for at least four years.
Book Your Test
Once you have done much practice and consider yourself to be ready to take the plunge, get yourself to book a test for the road test.
Taking the Driving Test
You need to take a test for 20 minutes. Accordingly, your driving would be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Starting, rules of the road, driving situations, turning, passing and stopping
- Driving through controlled and uncontrolled intersections
- Parallel parking and backing up
- Following safe driving practices that include steering techniques and driving within the speed limit
Restrictions and Conditions while Holding G2 License
Young Drivers & G2 License Holders Ins. in Hamilton have fewer restrictions while driving since they can drive anywhere and at any time with or without passengers on roads or on highways. However, there are certain conditions that the G2 driving license holder must adhere to. These conditions are:
- The alcohol level in your blood must be zero
- You must not have more passengers than the available working seat belts in your car
- If you are under 19 and holding the license for less than six months, you are not allowed to have more than one passenger under the age of 19 in your car between midnight and 5:00 a.m. After completion of six months, you can have three passengers in total under the age of 19 years.
- However, the above restriction would not be there if a G license holder with at least four years of driving experience is accompanying you. If the passengers are your immediate family members, then also this restriction will not be applicable.
However, if you happen to break any of the conditions, you would need to face hefty consequences. For the first conviction, your license would be suspended for 30 days, for the second time it will be suspended for another 90 days. The third time around you would have to lose your novice license and need to start all over again.
Hence, it is extremely important that you take this driving lesson and driving test very seriously so that you do not get convicted of breaking any rule.