Attention Successful RIBO Insurance Broker
A Great Position Is Now Open
Low quality leads got you down? Long hours at work with little or no base pay? That’s not good.
Are you struggling on a commission-heavy pay plan, living paycheck to paycheck? That’s no life for a skilled insurance agent.
Do you work for an old-fashioned broker with ancient technology? Are they falling behind the best industry practices instead of growing? You can’t grow much there.
Do you work for a family-owned agency with bleak prospects to advance into management and leadership? There’s no future in that.
Are your coworkers dragging you down and creating a negative environment? You deserve better.
- Fresh leads to you – every day
- Set hours, with the future chance to work some hours from home
- The latest technology – to quickly capture every prospects’ information, accurately quote and then write new business, fast and efficiently
- A chance to advance into management – we’ve been growing
- A base salary of $47,000 to $52,000 – plus bonuses
We Support You By:
- Mentoring, coaching and training you, on an ongoing basis, to help you develop your career in insurance sales
- By showing you appreciation – for being a valuable member of our winning team
- Investing in the latest technology
- Maintaining an energetic, active and strong web presence, to bring you high-quality clients, every day
Our Work Environment:
- Is stimulating and fun because we are growing
- Is balanced with our agents’ personal lives
- Offers flexible work schedules where possible as well as the future opportunity to work some hours from home. We have the technology for that.
- Puts you in a position that allows you to earn much more money than you are currently earning
- Creates the opportunity for you to achieve the great things that you are capable of
- Will let you create your own career path within a fast-growing organization
The Job Description:
This is inside sales. As a RIBO licensed agent you will sell personal lines insurance to new customers. You will enjoy our team meetings, growth sessions and ongoing training classes so you can learn more, earn more, and contribute your ideas to the rest of your team members.
Your work will focus on 4 main lines of business: home insurance, tenant insurance, auto insurance and motorcycle insurance. This is not a commercial insurance broker position, although there could be exposure to commercial insurance in the future.
Our new customers approach us online, call in or visit our office. There is little or no cold-calling that you would have to do.
Your role as a RIBO agent is key in our organization because we have high aspirations to keep growing. We are working hard to become a major insurance broker in Ontario.
Our current staff came to work for us and stayed, for good reasons. We are a place that capable brokers stay and prosper.
The Opportunity for Growth (Really Does Exist Here):
You will be joining a growing organization, at the right time in our growth curve, to allow you to shape your career and advance rapidly.
Are you energetic, passionate, dynamic and love learning? Are you committed about advancing in your career as a broker? Then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
The Latest Technology Awaits You:
We believe that you need the best tools to work with. That’s why technology adoption is an intrinsic part of our success. Our investment in the latest cutting-edge technology resulted in a CSIO Technology Leader award in 2017.
What It Takes – You Have to Be Able To:
- Prepare accurate quotes by using the Applied Rating Services (Compuquote) software
- Accurately read and interpret MVR and Autoplus reports
- Enjoy the sales process and its challenges
- Use your sales broker skills to successfully sell auto insurance and home insurance to new customers
- Act as an Insurance Advisor by connecting with insurers and underwriters to discuss and submit auto insurance and home insurance risks. Exposure to specialty insurance (e.g. marine insurance) is minimal
- Be a ‘Go-Getter’ and maintain a positive “Can Do” attitude
- A RIBO license. CAIB and/or CIP is a bonus
- Recent experience (2 years to 10 years is ideal) as an Insurance Broker, Insurance Customer Service Representative, TSR or Underwriter
- A resume that shows your prior sales success figures (insurance related or not)
- A working knowledge of several insurance company portals, like Intact, Aviva, RSA, Economical, Travelers, Chieftain, Pembridge, Echelon, Perth, Jevco and Pafco
- Prior experience working with Power Broker or any other broker management system (e.g. TAM, Epic, SigXP)
- Prior experience working with the Applied Rating Services (Compuquote) software
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Confidence in your ability to sell
- A love for learning new ways of doing things
- Enthusiasm for dealing with people and helping them get what they need
We Offer You:
- A convenient office location. Our office is easily accessible.
- A Group Benefits package that gives you peace of mind.
- Retirement Savings Plan contributions are available to select positions within the organization.
We are an ideal insurance brokerage for a young insurance broker who is looking for a career, not just a job, and has 2-10 years of experience. We are not looking for beginners.
This is an inside sales role and we provide the leads. We are an established brokerage that has invested a lot in technology. We deal with top insurers in the country and have high growth aspirations. Our staff is mature with many years of experience and can provide guidance and support to your career. Many will retire in the next 4-5 years, creating opportunities for you to move into a leadership role.
Thus, this is the perfect timing for a career-oriented younger broker who is looking for rapid advancement into a management role within the next few years.
We are looking for winners that want to be part of a great company. Can you help us achieve 10x growth in the next 5-10 years? Let’s talk. We have more than tripled our marketing budget in the last 2 years and will continue to increase the marketing spend. It pays.
Are You Interested, But Not Sure If the Fit is Right?
Roles that we consider as valuable prior experience are:
- Insurance Broker, Account Manager
- Personal Lines Insurance Broker
- Personal Lines Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Customer Service
- Sales Insurance Advisor
- RIBO Licensed Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Sales Representative CSR
- Junior Broker, Client Advocate, Associate Insurance Advisor
- Client Manager Personal Lines, Registered Insurance Broker
- Technical Service Representative, TSR, Personal Lines TSR
- Underwriter or Junior Underwriter.
This is a full-time job.
Required experience: General P& C Insurance, minimum 2 years recent.
To apply now, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the work, love the career? Call us!