Insurance Broker – Personal Insurance Sales
The Insurance Broker – Personal Insurance is tasked with selling Personal Lines Insurance (mainly auto insurance, home insurance and tenant insurance) policies to new customers that approach us online, by calling in or visiting our office. This is a key role in our organization as we have high growth aspirations and work hard to become a major broker in the insurance distribution space in Ontario.
You will be joining a growing organization at the right time to allow you to shape your career and advance rapidly.
If you are energetic, passionate and serious about advancing your career as a broker, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
We believe technology adoption is an intrinsic part of our success. Our focus on technology resulted in a CSIO Technology Leader award in 2017.
• Great compensation formula (Base Salary + Bonus)
• Sales leads are provided everyday
• Ongoing training, mentorship and support
• A stimulating and fun work environment
• A position that allows you to make much more money than you are currently making
• Opportunities to create your own career path within a fast-growing organization
• Work life balance: flexible work schedules are offered where possible as well as the opportunity to work from home in the future.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Able to prepare accurate quotes (mostly home insurance and auto insurance) using the Applied Rating Services (Compuquote) software
• Able to accurately read and interpret MVR and Autoplus reports
• Energized by the sales process, you put your sales broker skills forward to successfully sell auto insurance and home insurance to new customers
• Act as an Insurance Advisor by connecting with insurers and underwriters to discuss and submit auto insurance and home insurance risks. Exposure to specialty insurance (eg. marine insurance) is minimal
• Go getter with a positive “Can Do” attitude.
Qualifications and Skills:
• RIBO license is a must; CAIB and/or CIP is a bonus
• Current experience as an Insurance Broker, Insurance Customer Service Representative, TSR or Underwriter is a must
• Resume to show prior sales success figures (insurance related or not)
• Working knowledge of several insurance company portals such us Intact, Aviva, RSA, Economical, Travelers, Chieftain, Pembridge, Echelon, Perth, Jevco, Pafco etc.
• Prior experience working with Power Broker or any other broker management system (eg. TAM, Epic, SigXP)
• Prior experience working with the Applied Rating Services (Compuquote) software
• Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
We are conveniently located, and the office is easily accessible. Our commitment to our team members is to offer a Group Benefits package that gives them peace of mind. Retirement Savings Plan contributions are available to select positions within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Base Salary: $47,000 to $52,000 /year.
• General P& C Insurance: min 2 years
To apply now, email your application to email@example.com
This opportunity is in our Personal Insurance team. This is not a Commercial Insurance Broker position, although there could be exposure to Commercial Insurance in the future.
Roles that are considered as valuable prior experience: Insurance Broker, Account Manager – Personal Lines, Insurance Advisor, Insurance Customer Service, Customer Service Representative Insurance, CSR, Insurance Account Representative, Sales Insurance Advisor, RIBO Licensed Insurance Advisor, Insurance Sales Representative, Personal Lines Insurance Broker CSR, Personal Lines Insurance Customer Rep, Junior Broker, Client Advocate, Associate Insurance Advisor, Client Manager Personal Lines, Registered Insurance Broker, Technical Service Representative, TSR, Personal Lines TSR, Underwriter, Junior Underwriter.
Our Personal Lines team focuses on 4 main lines of business: home insurance, tenant insurance, auto insurance and motorcycle insurance.
If you know someone who might be a perfect candidate, feel free to share this posting.