Junior Insurance Broker
Attention RIBO Insurance Broker with 2-5 years’ experience
A Great Position Is Now Open
Have you just received your license but are not being recognized for it in your current job? At Levitt we want you to become a seasoned, successful broker here at Levitt in 1-2 years.
Do you work for an old-fashioned broker with ancient technology? Are they falling behind the best industry practices instead of growing? At Levitt our technology is outstanding in our industry.
Do you work for a family-owned agency with bleak prospects to advance into management and leadership? At Levitt we expect our brokers to advance and we support that end goal.
Are your coworkers dragging you down and creating a negative environment? At Levitt we enjoy a healthy and fun work environment.
We Have Magnetized our Business to Attract Talent:
- Increased the base compensation for this role by 20% -25%.
- Introduced a Group Benefits plan
- Started a retirement savings plan
- Brought in 5 additional insurance companies to have a wide product range to sell from and be more competitive
- Created a corporate culture where fun is encouraged and where excellent contributions are recognized
- Invested in technology to the point where we won a CSIO Technology Leader award in 2017
- Invested in marketing – now we are a top-rated broker in our main operational area of Greater Toronto
- We have been honored with the 2018 Elite Broker Award by Insurance Business Canada
- The latest technology – to quickly capture every prospects’ information, accurately quote and then process new business in minutes
- A chance to advance into management – we’ve been growing
- Set hours, with the potential to work some hours from home
- A base salary of $47,000 to $50,000 – plus bonuses, health coverage, paid vacation days, etc.
We Support You By:
- Mentoring, coaching and training you, on an ongoing basis, to help you develop your career in insurance
- By showing you appreciation – for being a valuable member of our winning team
- Investing in the latest technology
- Maintaining an energetic, active and strong web presence, every day
Our Work Environment:
- Is stimulating and fun because we are growing
- Is balanced with our brokers’ personal lives
- Offers flexible work schedules where possible
- Puts you in a position that allows you to earn much more money than you are currently earning
- Creates the opportunity for you to achieve the great things that you are capable of
- Will let you create your own career path within a fast-growing organization
The Job Description:
This is a support role. You will enjoy our team meetings, growth sessions and ongoing training classes so you can learn more, earn more, and contribute your ideas to help us grow more.
Your work will focus on 4 main lines of business: home insurance, tenant insurance, auto insurance and motorcycle insurance. This is not a commercial insurance broker position, although there could be exposure to commercial insurance in the future.
Our new customers approach us online, call in or visit our office. Your role as a RIBO Junior Insurance Broker is key in our organization because we have high aspirations. We are working hard to become a major insurance broker in Ontario.
Our current staff came to work for us and stayed for years, for good reasons. We are a business that delivers stability and prosperity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience at every interaction
- Support the sales and service functions (uploading policies on insurance company portals, providing quotations to customers and brokers, etc.)
- Process renewals and endorsements on company portals
- Set up pre-authorized payments and send payment reminders when necessary
- Document claims information on files
- Issue Temporary Liability Cards and Insurance Certificates for customers
- Know, understand and be ready to learn some of our current insurance companies’ portals including: Intact, Aviva, RSA, Economical, Travelers, Chieftain, Pembridge, Echelon, Perth, Jevco among others.
- Office administration – some administrative tasks include: eDocs download, reconciliations, mailings, etc.
- Able to take on other tasks as necessary
The Opportunity for Growth (Really Does Exist Here):
You will be joining an organization at the right time in our growth curve, to allow you to shape your career and advance rapidly.
We are looking to attract exceptional younger brokers that love the opportunity to take on broader and more meaningful assignments earlier in their careers. We want you to contribute ideas and energy to our award-winning organization.
Are you energetic, passionate, dynamic and love learning? Are you committed about advancing in your career as a broker? Then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
The Latest Technology Awaits You:
We believe that you need the best tools to work with. That’s why technology adoption is an intrinsic part of our success. Our investment in the latest cutting-edge technology resulted in a CSIO Technology Leader award in 2017.
What It Takes – You Have to Be Able To:
- Prepare accurate quotes by using the Applied Rating Services (Compuquote) software
- Accurately read and interpret Hits, MVR and Autoplus reports
- Provide sales support – follow up on leads
- Enjoy the sales process and its challenges
- Enjoy providing customer service and helping customers
- Connect with insurers and underwriters to submit and process auto insurance and home insurance risks. Exposure to specialty insurance (e.g. marine insurance) is minimal
- Be a ‘Go-Getter’ and maintain a positive “Can Do” attitude
- A RIBO license. Working towards CAIB and/or CIP is a bonus
- Recent experience (2 years to 5 years) as a TSR, Insurance Customer Service Representative, Insurance Broker, or Junior Underwriter
- Experience with uploading new business in several insurance company portals, like Intact, Aviva, RSA, Economical, Travelers, Chieftain, Pembridge, Echelon, Perth, Jevco and Pafco
- Prior experience working with Power Broker or any other broker management system (e.g. TAM, Epic, SigXP)
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Confidence in your ability to process policy changes, support the Service and Sales teams
- A love for learning new ways of doing things
- Enthusiasm for dealing with people and helping them get what they need
We Offer You:
- A convenient office location. Our office is easily accessible.
- A Group Benefits package that gives you peace of mind.
- Retirement Savings Plan contributions are available to select positions within the organization.
We have been honored with the 2018 Elite Broker Award by Insurance Business Canada.
Our established brokerage is ideally situated for a career-oriented younger broker with 2-5 years of experience who is looking for rapid advancement into a management role.
Many insurance companies believe in us and in our growth plans. We have invested a lot in technology. We deal with top insurers in the country and have high aspirations. We have more than tripled our marketing budget in the last 2 years and will continue to increase the marketing spend. It pays.
This is a support role. We are not looking for beginners. Our staff is mature with many years of experience and can provide guidance and support to your career. Some will retire soon, creating opportunities for you to move into a leadership role. We need team players that want to be part of, and contribute to, a winning organization.
We are looking for winners who want to be part of a great company. Can you help us achieve 10x volume in the next 5-10 years? Let’s talk.
Are You Interested, But Not Sure If the Fit is Right?
Roles that we consider as valuable prior experience are:
- Technical Service Representative, TSR, Personal Lines TSR
- Junior Broker, Client Advocate, Associate Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Broker, Account Manager
- Personal Lines Insurance Broker
- Personal Lines Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Customer Service
- Sales Insurance Advisor
- RIBO Licensed Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Sales Representative CSR
- Client Manager Personal Lines, Registered Insurance Broker
- Underwriter or Junior Underwriter.
This is a full-time job.
Required experience: RIBO license with 2-5 years’ experience.
To apply now, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the work, love the career? Call us!